Don't let Severe Weather ruin your Summer
Severe Weather can affect your property in multiple ways. With Summer in Illinois is full effect there’s always things to prepare for Thunderstorms to keep yourself safe. These tips listed below will help you know what to do to save your property and love ones from damage.
How to Prepare for Thunderstorms
- Learn about your local community’s emergency warning system for severe thunderstorms
- Discuss thunderstorm safety and lightning safety with all members of your household
- Pick a safe place in your home for household members to gather during a thunderstorm This should be away from windows, skylights and glass doors that could be broken by strong winds or hail
- Make a list of items to bring inside in the event of a severe thunderstorm
- Make trees and shrubbery more wind resistant by keeping them trimmed and removing damaged branches
- Protect your animals by ensuring that any outside buildings that house them are protected in the same way as your home
- Consult your local fire department if you are considering installing lightning rods
- Get trained in first aid and learn how to respond to emergencies
- Put together an emergency preparedness kit
- Review the Be Red Cross Ready - Thunderstorm Safety Checklist
We are here for any size Storm Damage situation 24 hours a day and 7 days a week! Call Today 847-557-1080.