Do you have a Mold problem?
Mold can cause many health issues
Mold exists everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is false advertising.
Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Click the link below for ways to tell if you have mold
Signs of Indoor Mold
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today!
Highland Park Residents: Need to remove mold?
Water intrusion from a roof leak?
Water line leaking from refrigerator?
Water in basement?
If you have one of these problems, you may also have concerns about mold growing in your home from the water intrusion. Mold can have serious health effects and also cause serious damage to your home. Every mold situation is different, and can be handled many different ways. SERVPRO of Highland Park/ Deerfield have the trained technicians, protective gear, and specialized equipment to handle your mold problem.
When you call SERVPRO, an experienced technician will carefully inspect your property with specialized technology used for detecting hidden water sources where mold would be able to grow. Mold feeds off water and cellulose and grows in these undetected environments.
Prior to beginning the mold removal, various containments will be set up to prevent the spread of the mold spores throughout your home and isolate the contaminated area. We do this with negative air pressure and with physical barriers. In addition, we place specialized air filtration equipment that will capture the microscopic mold spores that are floating in the air. These air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums prevent the spread of mold during the remediation process.
Depending on the amount of mold growth and the type of surfaces affected will determine how our technicians will approach the remediation job. Some surfaces may have to be removed and disposed of that are mold-infested. These are high-porous surfaces such as drywall and flooring. In addition, antifungal and antimicrobial treatments will be applied to help prevent new colonies from forming. Our SERVPRO of Highland Park/ Deerfield technicians can also clean mold damaged contents. In addition, technicians are trained and able to remove odors and do deodorization using our fogging equipment.
Any other questions regarding mold or to schedule an appointment, call us at 847-557-1080.